6.2.10

War Gear

MRSL_SS10_0033
MRSL_SS10_0401
MRSL_SS10_0003
MRSL_SS10_0180

Sometime in February last year, I was desperately seeking a strong shoulder blouse, which was extremely hard to find at the time as this was before the high street stores stocked on a variety of them later that summer. So in my search I happen to run into Hannah Marshall's website, I must say it was love at first sight.The Essex based designer has produced 6 collections to date. The last one ENCRYPTION was debuted at London Fashion Week last season-SS 2010. The sharp, sculpted silhouette of this collection reminds me of  an army ensemble or better still war gear. The garments also give this dark heroine vibe. In an interview she once said "architecture is always in the background of what I do", this influence is a motif in the format of the garments from her collections.These are a few pictures from her last collection and a video with an interview of the young designer, which goes on to show footage of the preparation for the show and the show itself. Hannah Marshall would be show casing her Autumn/Winter 2010 collection at London fashion Week on the 19th of this month, I can not wait see how grand her collection would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment